ABOUT CONVERTIBLE CAR SEATS
- Convertible car seats are the only seat for babies that switch from rear-facing to forward-facing. Unlike infant car seats, a convertible car seat doesn’t have a “base”, and it’s not designed to fit on a stroller.
- Children should face rear in the car until at least 2 years old, if not older. Recent studies consistently show that children are less likely to suffer injury in a car accident if they are facing rear in a properly installed car seat.
- Many parents choose a convertible car seat because this type of seat has easy adjustments to accommodate growth spurts, to comfortably fit a wide range of heights and weights. Also, the right convertible car seat will last for years – from birth to kindergarten!
- All car seats sold in the United States must meet or exceed the safety crash testing requirements put in place by the federal government; from budget buys to luxury car seats. It is
often the case that the more expensive seats use the latest safety technologies that may not be available in the less expensive car seats. Aside from that, a more expensive seat usually has nicer fabric and a variety of convenience features.
Compare Top Convertible Seats
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BUY A CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT
- Extended-rear facing usage via higher weight & height limits
- Proper fit in your vehicle while still leaving reasonable legroom for the front seat
- Side impact protection
- Adjustable headrest
- No re-thread harness
- Anti-rebound bar or tether when rear-facing
- Premium fabrics that breathe better with thicker padding for comfort
- Removable and/or easily cleaned fabrics
- More rigid body/frame structures
- Approval for aircraft use
Compare Top Convertible Seats
For fall 2014, Britax is introducing is easy-as-pie installation known as ClickTight into its already popular Boulevard and Advocate convertible car seats. This additional feature ensures that all of the safety technology that Britax puts into its convertible seats are matched by a proper installation by parents.
BRITAX ADVOCATE CLICKTIGHT FEATURES
Unparalleled safety, comfort, and convenience make the Advocate ClickTight the best convertible car seat Britax has ever made. With the ClickTight Installation System everyone can install with confidence. SafeCell Impact Protection surrounds your child in best-in-class safety and Complete Side Impact Protection MAX features external cushions for maximum crash force absorption and a foam head restraint to keep your child’s head and neck secure
- ClickTight Installation System ensures that everyone can install the car seat securely and confidently by just buckling the seat belt.
- SafeCell Impact Protection is an integrated system of safety components that work together to protect your child well beyond the federal safety standards. Including an Impact Absorbing Base, Tether and Harness, an Impact Stabilizing Steel Frame, and Complete Side Impact Protection
- Complete Side Impact Protection MAX provides BRITAX’s highest level of protection: a deep protective shell absorbs crash forces and shields your child from debris, an energy-absorbing headrest keeps your child’s head and neck secure, and external cushions compress to divert energy away from your child and protect adjacent passengers.
- Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator gives an audible “click” to aid you in the proper tightening of your child’s harness.
- Quick-Adjust, 14-Position Harness and 2-Position Buckle allows you to easily move the harness upward and buckle outward for a comfortable, secure fit as your child grows.
- 7-Position Recline with Automatic Level Indicator adjusts for your child’s comfort while ensuring the best installation angle for your vehicle
Britax Advocate ClickTight in Limelight
Britax Boulevard ClickTight in Kaleidoscope
Britax Boulevard ClickTight in Splash
The Jane Nanuq stroller is a unique umbrella stroller due to the sturdiness of its build and some of the features it has that aren’t normally included on this type of stroller.
Jane is based in Spain, where it has designing and making juvenile products since 1932. Jane is known around many countries in the world as many moms’ favorite brand. In 2013 and 2014, it has been introducing its strollers to the market in the USA.
The Nanuq stroller is its entry-level offer in a sturdy umbrella stroller. It’s for parents who want an errand stroller that can handle the weight of older toddlers without sacrificing on comfort and push.
In addition to a great push, the Jane Nanuq also offers features not normally found on compact errand / shopping / travel strollers:
- Durable, water-resistant canopy with SPF 50 properties
- Deep reclining seatback
- Includes rainshield and cupholder
- Adjustable handlebar height for parent’s pushing comfort
- Adjustable legrest for child’s seating comfort
- Plush polyester/cotton fabric with fun patterns
- Retractable kickstand for standing upright when folded
- Unique folding mechanism pivots rear wheels inward for more compact folded size
- Anodized aluminum frame is sturdier than competitors – will last for years and with each new sibling
In September 2014, Orbit Baby will be announcing enhancements to their existing G3 stroller line, as well as introducing any new items for the 2015 model year.
Orbit has seen great success with their premium modular travel system, so we’re excited to see what 2015 Orbit Baby stroller changes or introductions will be coming!
We’ve long been fans of the popular BOB Revolution stroller series. When the Revolution stroller first launched a decade ago, it set a high bar for handling, performance, quality, and steering.
During the past 10 years of winning moms over, the BOB Revolution had one limitation in the eyes of short parents and tall parents — the handlebar couldn’t be adjusted.
Finally for 2014, the new BOB Revolution Flex stroller offers an adjustable-height handlebar to let parents of nearly any height find a comfortable pushing position while jogging, strolling, or powerwalking!
The Revolution Flex is available as a SINGLE or as a DOUBLE.
Unlike compact umbrella strollers that may be used 10 minutes at a time when running errands, most moms and dads see their BOB Revolution stroller as their all-day companion in parks and at farmers markets, on trails and paths, and for long leisurely strollers around the neighborhood. A comfortable pushing position is key for a stroller that may rack up hundreds of pushing hours every year!
There are some standout features on the BOB Revolution Flex:
Front wheel locks straight for jogging; with tracking adjustment to avoid veering left/right
9-position adjustable handlebar
Beefy coil spring and elastomer core shock absorbers mounted on the frame itself – more effective than smaller wheel-based shocks
Fit what you need for a day’s outing in the storage basket
Expansive sun canopy for protecting babies’ sensitive skin from harmful rays
BOB Revolution Flex stroller (2014)
A three-wheeled stroller designed for everyday use and jogging, the BOB Revolution Flex maneuvers easily in stores yet is rugged enough for nearly any outdoor terrain!
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie stroller (2014)
The BOB Revolution Duallie Flex is for adventurous parents who don’t want their active lifestyle to be slowed down by their double stroller.
BOB REVOLUTION FLEX STROLLER FEATURES
- Adjustable padded handlebar creates the perfect fit for any parent’s height with 9 comfortable position options.
- Swiveling front wheel allows for superior maneuverability. Locks forward for increased stability when jogging or if the terrain turns tough.
- Easy, two-step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage.
- State-of-the-art, adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride.
- Accessory Adapter allows for quick and easy attachment of BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray.
- Ultra-padded, adjustable reclining seat for enhanced seating comfort. Five-point padded harness helps keep your child comfortably secure.
- Multi-position canopy adjusts for protection against the elements. Large viewing window lets you keep an eye on your baby.
- High-impact polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes take on tough terrain.
- Low Boy Cargo Basket provides plenty of undercarriage storage. Additional space in large seatback pocket. Internal seat pockets provide a great place for snacks and toys.
- A simple twist of the front wheel tracking adjustment knob keeps you rolling straight.
- When engaged, the parking brake helps secure a stopped position.
- The wrist strap helps you secure stroller when strolling and provides handy fold lock when folded.
OUR CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE REVOLUTION FLEX
Yes, we love the brighter, bolder fabric color choices. Yes, it’s true that BOB didn’t change much in 2014 since last updating the Revolution stroller in 2011. Yes, the Revolution Flex is every bit as good as the older Revolution SE when it comes to active, outdoor use.
… for any parent, grandparent, or caregiver who is under 5’4″ or taller than 5’9″; the new adjustable handle makes all the difference between a slightly awkward hand placement vs a perfectly comfortable pushing position. After any parent pushes the stroller around for an hour, that becomes a huge improvement!
See more details about the single Revolution Flex or the Revolution Flex Duallie