For a limited time, we’re offering a unprecedented discount offer on the City Select double stroller!
For the first time since the City Select was launched in December 2009, a small number of Baby Jogger dealers have been authorized to give away a FREE Second Seat Kit with each stroller purchase!
The Baby Jogger City Select tandem stroller is on sale (with free second seat kit) in Onyx, Ruby, Quartz, or Amethyst.
Or, the City Select Limited Edition is also available for the doubles discount offer in the Black, Teal, Red, or Silver.
This special sale offer on the City Select is valid only while supplies last; for total savings for $160!
2015 UPPAbaby G-Link twin umbrella stroller
The 2015 G-Link double stroller is UPPAbaby’s first side-by-side twin stroller, to be released in summer 2015. It’s a side-by-side version of the popular G-Luxe umbrella stroller.
2015 UPPABABY G-LINK FEATURES
- Each seat has a one-handed recline mechanism with 4 positions
- Fully flat recline suitable for use from birth
- Each seat has an adjustable footrest
- High-performance, 5.75” diameter wheels
- Removable, machine-washable seat pads
- Hand-level folding triggers on each handle — no foot action required! No scuffed shoes, and no worries with sandals
- Height adjustable canopy for taller children
- Extendable SPF 50+ sunshade
- Ability to stand when folded
- Large, easy-access basket
- Up to 50 pounds per seat
- Removable cup-holder is included
UPPABABY G-LINK SPECIFICATIONS
- Estimated stroller weight: 20 lbs
- Stroller width: 29.5″
- Estimated folded size: 43″ x 21″ x 17″
2015 UPPAbaby G-Luxe
The 2015 G-Luxe stroller has become one of the most recommended and popular errand/travel strollers with the features that moms want!
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2015 UPPABABY G-LUXE
- Redesigned aluminum frame is more robust for a sturdier feeling stroller
- Width is 19″; half an inch wider than previous model
- Wheels are slightly larger for easier rolling
- New color! Ella (emerald green)
- New single brake lever now controls both rear wheels; a rare feature on an umbrella stroller
- Retail price increases $40 over previous model; available in fall 2015
2015 UPPAbaby Cruz
The 2015 Cruz stroller remains a great option for an all-around use daily stroller that can go from birth to preschool; handling all of a busy parent’s daily errands with ease!
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2015 UPPABABY CRUZ
- AirGO Patent Pending Tires — Larger, 8.25” rear wheels mimic the cushioned ride of an air-filled tire with the lightweight benefit of foam. Provides the ultimate in shock-absorbing performance with tires that never go flat
- Includes a new wipe-clean Bumper Bar
- Rear suspension has been removed, smooth ride is now provided with cushier tires
- New colors! Maya (marigold), Pascal (gray), Georgie (electric blue), Lindsey (wheat)
- New frame color option! Some of the colors come with a striking carbon-color frame.
- Optional bassinet is improved and now matches stroller fabric
- Total weight: 21.5 lbs, slightly lighter than previous model
In the market for a double stroller? Before you buy, be sure your stroller has the right features for your family. Here we break down the important decisions you need to make.
Twins vs. siblings
Not all double strollers are designed for a pair of newborns. If you’ve been blessed with a bundle of twins, you’ll want to look for a double stroller that can hold two infant car seats, two bassinets, or allows both seats to recline completely flat. If you just have one newborn and an older sibling, you can choose from a wider selection of strollers that just accommodate one car seat or bassinet.
In-line vs side-by-side
One of the major decisions that will help you narrow down your double stroller options is deciding between an in-line and a side-by-side stroller. Here’s how to choose your best fit.
In-line double strollers
What it is: A double stroller where the seats are lined up front to back. Some single strollers convert to an in-line double stroller with the addition of a second seat.
Benefits: In-line strollers allow you to carry two children in the same width of a single stroller though many are longer than a single. Single strollers that convert to a double stroller with the purchase of a second seat can save you space, money, and the hassle of finding another stroller that you love.
Keep in mind: Some in-line strollers position the second seat partially tucked below the main seat which limits the back rider’s view. A handful of in-line strollers don’t fold unless you remove the second seat.
- Baby Jogger City Select
- Contours Options LT Tandem
- Chicco Cortina Together
- Orbit Baby G3 stroller with Helix
Side-by-side double stroller
What it is: A double stroller where the seats are next to each other, side-by-side.
Benefits: Your kids can see each other, share books and snacks, and when old enough, easily climb in and out on their own. Usually, a side-by-side stroller will offer better steering than a longer in-line double stroller.
Keep in mind: Most side-by-side double strollers are wider than in-line double strollers which can make maneuvering more difficult on crowded city streets or small store aisles.
Side by side examples:
- BOB Revolution Flex Duallie
- Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
- Britax B-Agile Double Stroller
- Bugaboo Donkey Tandem Stroller
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT double stroller
- Bumbleride Indie Twin
Before you buy a double stroller for your twins or second child, be sure to research how the stroller is infant-suitable. Some strollers take an infant car seat though most require a car seat adaptor which may or may not be included. Some strollers may accept a bassinet which may be included or at an additional purchase. Other strollers are suitable for infants because the seats recline completely flat.
If you only occasionally need a double stroller or will only use it as a double for short periods of time, but you want all the convenience of a single stroller, the UPPAbaby Vista includes an add-on Rumbleseat.
If you only have one kid, but are already planning ahead, take a look at the convertible stroller options such as the Baby Jogger City Select. You can buy one stroller now for kid #1 and then attach seat #2 when the second one comes around. (Note: Most brands sell the second seat separately.)
The Orbit Baby G3 stroller with Helix add-on is a unique combination of single-to-double stroller with extending handlebar and excellent handling. Unlike other double strollers, the Orbit with Helix adds on like a little trailer; so the stroller itself keeps its wonderful steering.
Folded size & Carryability
If you live in a place that requires you to schlep the stroller up stairs, check out the stroller’s weight and look for one that offers a convenient carry handle. If you’ll be traveling by car, look up the folded dimensions of the double stroller from the manufacture’s website to ensure that the stroller will fit in your trunk.